<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Sunday, December 30, 2007
 
Prediction Time

Yes, it's been a while, I admit. But anyone who is loyal enough to still check this blog, here's my bold prediction: John McCain will be the Republican nominee. I've certainly been wrong before, but I think things are shaping up for him, much the way they did for Kerry last year. Romney is counting on winning NH and Iowa, and both seem to be very much in doubt. Giuliani is counting on winning Florida, which is also in doubt, and I'm not convinced Huckabee will have staying power past Iowa. That leaves McCain, who is peaking at the right time.

And I also think he would be the toughest Republican candidate in the general election against the Democratic nominee, whomever that is. I'm not offering a prediction on that today, however. It should be an interesting couple of months.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com