<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Friday, August 31, 2007
 
The Iraq and U.S. Americans

I apologize for the paucity of posts lately, but it has been a very busy summer. I have to admit, however, that I've been drawn to the story over Miss Teen South Carolina and her botched response to the question at the Miss Teen U.S.A. pageant. Amazingly, there have been close to 10 million viewings of this on You Tube and I only account for about 100,000.

After repeated viewings, I've come to some conclusions. It seems to me that she must have been coached going into the pageant, and developed some stock answers to use ("I personally believe," "in our nation," "South Africa," "Iraq," the "Asian Nations," and repeated use of metaphors with "like" and "such as") and under pressure she just unloaded all of them, with no coherent structure. It's a car wreck that I just can't turn away from.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com