<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Thursday, March 09, 2006
 
Thanks

Very little surprises me these days, but this sure did, although perhaps it shouldn't have. It appears that Justice Alito wrote James Dobson, leader of the religious right, anti-abortion group, Focus on the Family, a thank-you note.

Here's the text of the letter:

Dear Dr. Dobson,

This is just a short note to express my heartfelt thanks to you and the
entire staff of Focus on the Family for your help and support in the past few
challenging months. I would also greatly appreciate it if you would convey my
appreciation to the good people from all parts of the country who wrote to tell
me that they were praying for me and for my family during this period.

As I said when I spoke at my formal investiture at the White House last
week, the prayers of so many people from around the country were a palpable and
powerful force. As long as I serve on the Supreme Court, I will keep in mind the
trust that has been placed in me.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to meet personally at some point
in the future. In the meantime, my entire family and I hope that you and the
Focus on the Family staff know how much we appreciate all that you have
done.

Sincerely Yours,

Samuel Alito


Wow. "As long as I serve on the Supreme Court, I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me." And he hopes that they get to meet personally. I'm surprised that Alito hasn't hired him to be a clerk.

Let's remember that Alito said that he would approach Roe with an "open mind" during his confirmation hearings. I guess perjury under oath in front of the Judiciary Committee means nothing to these people, huh? But it was the Democrats who were out-of-order when they harshly questioned Alito, so said the mainstream media.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com