<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Thursday, September 15, 2005
 
Apparently, Once You Become President You Don't Have to Worry About These Things

Anybody else remember this?:

"You know, as governor, one of the things you have to deal with is catastrophe.
I can remember the fires that swept Parker County, Texas. I remember the floods
that swept our state. I remember going down to Del Rio, Texas. I have to pay the
administration a compliment. James Lee Witt of FEMA has done a really good job
of working with governors during times of crisis. But that's the time when
you're tested not only -- it's the time to test your metal, a time to test your
heart when you see people whose lives have been turned upside down. It broke my
heart to go to the flood scene in Del Rio where a fellow and his family got
completely uprooted. The only thing I knew was to got aid as quickly as possible
with state and federal help, and to put my arms around the man and his family
and cry with them. That's what governors do. They are often on the front line of
catastrophic situations. "


It's Bush during the first debate in 2000 with Gore.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com