<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Friday, July 15, 2005
 
It's Not the Crime, It's the Cover-up

The latest Rove news, as reported in the New York Times, is that supposedly Novak told him about Plame and he said, "That's what I've heard." The implication being that Rove didn't reveal Plame's identity. (Which would lead, interestingly enough, to Judith Miller being the one who might have done so). But there's just one teeny, tiny problem with that, when it's compared to what Novak has said publicly:

Novak, in an interview, said his sources had come to him with the information.
"I didn't dig it out, it was given to me," he said. "They thought it was
significant, they gave me the name and I used it."


Someone's lying. Or, as may be just as likely, Rove and Novak developed a cover-up after the fact. OK, Ken Mehlman, get busy. I eagerly await Karl Defense v. 3.0 tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com