<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Friday, November 19, 2004
 
This One Really Speaks For Itself

I have never participated in this politics of personal destruction. I think it's
detrimental to the institution and to both Democrats and Republicans in the
institution. It looks bad for all of us. And so I've never done it.

--Representative Tom DeLay, Press Conference, November 19, 2004

But I'll still say something. I can't resist.

Tom DeLay used [the Juanita Brodderick] story to threaten Republican members of Congress to force the impeachment vote. He put that terrible uncorroborated story in front of them and told them it would be released to their constituents. I have from congressmen on the record that they were threatened opposition if they didn't vote his way. The Brodderick story was an instrument of his coercion for impeachment.

--Sidney Blumenthal, May 22, 2003

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com