<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Monday, November 15, 2004
 
Please God No Condi

So we learn today that Colin Powell has submitted his resignation, which I believe is probably an unfortunate thing, since he was one of few rational people at a high policy level in the Bush Administration. But my fear now is that Condi Rice will be elevated. And my concerns about Condi are of the highest degree. In my opinion, she has been the single most incompetent member of Bush's National Security team, with a fundamental misunderstanding of the job of National Security Adviser. As the 9/11 Commission Report clearly shows, she deserves more blame than any other Administration official for the tragic negligence that occurred before 9/11. Richard Clarke wrote Rice constantly, in both memos and e-mails, about the grave danger that was approaching, and Rice did little, if anything. Her response to criticism: no one told me to do something more. Frightening negligence. I'll try to post more later.



Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com