<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
 
Please America, Let's Stop the Lies on November 2

By now you've probably read about Dick Cheney's sarcastic criticism of John Kerry's statement that, among other things, he would run a "more sensitive" war on terror. I've already noted how Bush himself used the word "sensitive" when referring to the war on terror to the same audience Kerry spoke with. Now, thanks to Bob Somerby, I've been altered to the fact that CHENEY has too, in a recent interview with conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt.

Cheney started the interview, which was held on August 12, by repeating his argument against Kerry's use of the word "sensitive":

HH: "Today you brought attention to John Kerry's plan to wage a more
'sensitive' war on terror. What do you think John Kerry meant when he said
'sensitive,' Mr. Vice President?"

VP: "Well, I'm not sure what he meant (laughing). Ah, it strikes me the two words don't really go together, sensitive and
war.
If you look at our history, I don't think any of the wars we've
won, were won by us being quote sensitive. I think of Abraham Lincoln and
General Grant, they didn't wage sensitive war. Neither did Roosevelt,
neither did Eisenhower or MacArthur in World War II. A sensitive war will
not destroy the evil men who killed 3,000 Americans, and who seek chemical,
nuclear, and biological weapons to kill hundreds of thousands more."


So far, so good. Sticking to his attack talking points. But look at what Cheney says later, when Hewitt asks him about the standoff in Najaf:

HH: "Will the Najaf offensive continue until that city is subdued even if
that means a siege of the Imam Ali shrine?"

VP: "Well, from the standpoint of the shrine, obviously it is a sensitive area, and we are very much aware of its sensitivity. On the other hand, a lot of people who
worship there feel like Moqtada Sadr is the one who has defiled the shrine, if
you will, and I would expect folks on the scene there, including U.S.
commanders, will work very carefully with the Iraqis so that we minimize the
extent to which the U.S. is involved in any operation that might involve the
shrine itself."


What the ....? I thought sensitivity had no role in the war against terror? (Of course, you could justify Cheney's statement by stating that the war in Iraq had nothing to do with the war against terror, but that's not a statement that this Administration is prepared to make.)

They just lie, and lie and lie. To quote David St. Hubbins again, "This is unbelieveable. Will you check me on this? Am I losing my fucking mind? Could you check me on this, am I losing my mind?"


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com