<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
 
This Says A Lot
 
Much of the buzz from Tuesday night has been about Barack Obama's sizzling keynote address.  Future superstar.  Everyone knows his name now.

Well, I was reminded of an anecdote from a New Yorker profile on Obama earlier in the year.  Remember how Bill Clinton was said to be able to name all of the candidates running in each Congressional district?  It should come as no surprise to anyone that this current President does not possess such a skill, as William Finnegan notes in his article:

Jan Schakowsky told me about a recent visit she had made to the White House with a congressional delegation. On her way out, she said, President Bush noticed her “obama” button. “He jumped back, almost literally,” she said. “And I knew what he was thinking. So I reassured him it was Obama, with a ‘b.’ And I explained who he was. The President said, ‘Well, I don’t know him.’ So I just said, ‘You will.’”
I don't know, but something about this story just struck me about how single-minded Bush's world view is...

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com