<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Saturday, July 10, 2004
 
Now, Let Me Get This Straight...

First, Kerry says in a Rolling Stone interview that he didn't know how bad Bush was going to "fuck up" Iraq. GOP goes nuts, demands he apologize, says this kind of language is inappropriate for a leader to use.

So then Cheney, being Cheney, tells Sen. Leahy to "go fuck" himself on the Senate floor, no less. Not only does Cheney refuse to apologize, but he said, proudly, that it made him feel better for doing it.

Then Kerry and Edwards attend a concert when performers, not either of them, make off-color remarks about Bush. GOP goes nuts, claims that this shows that Kerry and Edwards are unfit to lead country and possess wrong "values."

(BTW, at some point, the loaded term "Values" in this campaign really needs to be unpacked, because when Bush uses that word, he's really saying a whole lot more. But that's for another time...)

When I was about 16 years old, I thought someone being a hypocrite was about the worst thing in the world someone could be. This Administration is making me revisit that type of thinking.

To quote David St. Hubbins, from Spinal Tap: "This is unbelieveable. Will you check me on this, am I losing my fucking mind? Could you check me on this, am I losing my mind?"

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com