<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 
Balls That Clang

One of my favorite political quotes is from Mario Cuomo, back when he was deciding whether or not to run for President in 1992. Cuomo said that he was talking to a supporter who was urging him to run, but Cuomo was hesistant. The supporter told Cuomo that he would win because people would respect the fact that Cuomo had "balls that clang when he walked down the hall."

Well, I think this exchange in the Oval Office by Senator Joe Biden places him in the lead for the Balls That Clang award for 2004. According to Biden, at an Oval Office meeting with Bush et al, this happened:

I turned to Vice President Cheney, who was there, and I said, 'Mr. Vice President, I wouldn't keep you if it weren't constitutionally required.' I turned back to the president and said, 'Mr. President, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are bright guys, really patriotic, but they've been dead wrong on every major piece of advice they've given you. That's why I'd get rid of them, Mr. President . . .' They said nothing. Just sat like big old bullfrogs on a log and looked at me.


(However, I still think Edwards should be the VP pick.)


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com