<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Saturday, March 06, 2004
 
J-E-T-S...

Sometimes it's just so frustrating being a fan of a team. As a lifelong Jets fan, I've gotten used to their idiocy in personnel moves, but this one takes the cake. The Jets have been desparately in need of a big receiver ever since they traded Keyshawn Johnson to the Bucs in 2000. Some fans thought that perhaps Terrell Owens might be an option when he became a free agent, only to be disappointed when TO's agent blew that.

Then I see that the Ravens were able to acquire TO from the Niners for their second round pick, #51 overall, and that the Jets were involved in negotiations for TO, but those negotiations didn't progress.

Well, I'm a little bit puzzled by this, because the Jets had an earlier second round pick than the Ravens. So then I'm assuming that the Jets thought it was too steep a price to give up the 44th pick in the the draft for TO (which seems crazy to me.) Now, tonight, I see this: the Jets have traded that same second round pick that they didn't offer for TO to the Titans for Justin McCareins.

Let me get this straight -- we wouldn't give up the pick for Terrell Owens, but we're willing to trade the same pick for JUSTIN MCCAREINS. Yes, the great Justin McCareins.

Sigh. Now I know why we haven't been in the Super Bowl in over 30 years.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com