<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Wednesday, March 03, 2004
 
And the answer is: 0

The question: How many Bush/Cheney '04 ads will air before they use footage of the WTC?

The first ones out of the chute have got the flag in front of a hollow bottom shell of the WTC.

Imagine what the New York convention is going to be like.

Oh, and here's the Moveon.org ad that is going to be airing to counter Bush's ad buy, along with the winner of its ad contest, Child's Play.

UPDATE:

Josh Marshall has a great take on the message of all of Bush's new ads: It's not my fault.

Yes, there are all sort of bad things going on. The economy's been rough. The deficit is deepening. Job growth is barely registering. There's all sorts of chaos on the international stage. But it's not my fault. When I got here there was a recession already, which I didn't have anything to do with. That's was Clinton's fault. And the same with all the corporate scandals. And then Osama bin Laden got involved and that wasn't my fault either. And that Iraq thing didn't completely work out. But that's the CIA's fault. So if there's anything that's bad now it's not because of anything I did. It's because of 9/11. And if it's not because of 9/11 then it was already broken when I got here. So don't blame me.

Now, I think that does pretty much sum up what the president and the White House are telling the public. But it's important to draw back and recognize that up until this point that argument has largely worked. Now, however, I think people are beginning to question the argument.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com