<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Tuesday, February 24, 2004
 
We Report, You Decide

Compare

"He (i.e. the president) signed up for dangerous duty. He volunteered to go to Vietnam. He wasn’t selected to go, but nonetheless served his country very well."

Marc Racicot
NPR Interview
February 23rd, 2004

with

RUSSERT: Were you favor of the war in Vietnam?
BUSH: I supported my government. I did. And would have gone had my unit been called up, by the way.

RUSSERT: But you didn't volunteer or enlist to go.

BUSH: No, I didn't. You're right.

Meet The Press
February 8th, 2004

and


"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

George W. Bush, 1990
as quoted in The Houston Chronicle
May 8th, 1994.


(Credit to Josh Marshall.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com