<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Tuesday, February 25, 2003
 
Remember in 1998, all the talk by Republicans about the rule of law and the evils of President Clinton's alleged perjured testimony? Well, let's look at the laundry list of perjurers since then: Ted Olson denying he worked on the Arkansas Project during his confirmation hearing, John Ashcroft spinning ridiculous lies about Ronnie White during his confirmation hearing, Miguel Estrada saying some whoppers about Roe and about interviewing clerks for Justice Kennedy during his hearing, even Bush has engaged in some pretty fine perjury himself, in this little known case.

But today I read this article that the Big Brain, the Boy Genius himself may have gotten carried away in the perjury wave.

According to Dana Milbank in today's Washington Post, Rove took credit for introducing Bush to the subject of tort reform when Bush was Governor of Texas. Problem: this is at odds with his testimony under oath in a tobacco lawsuit:

Rove's claim of responsibility for the tort reform issue is somewhat at odds with a deposition he gave during the tobacco lawsuit. Asked whether he discussed overhauling civil liability law with then-Gov. Bush, he replied: "I can't say that I did. But I can't say that I didn't. I do not recall. I know that tort reform was a significant part of his legislative agenda but it was not my area."

Hmmm...


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com