<$BlogRSDURL$>
WaxWorks
|
Thursday, January 09, 2003
 
Interesting line of questioning by Russell Mokhiber in a recent White House briefing:

Q Ari, other than Elliott Abrams, how many convicted criminals are on the White House staff?

MR. FLEISCHER: (Laughter.) You tell me, Russell. You seem to keep count.

Q Can you give me a list of convicted criminals on the White House staff, other than Elliott Abrams?

MR. FLEISCHER: I'll go right to the convicted criminals division and ask them to turn -- (Laughter.)

Q No, seriously -- why isn't being convicted of a criminal a disqualifier for being on the White House staff?

MR. FLEISCHER: Russell, this is an issue that you like to repeat every briefing. I refer you to the --

Q But you don't answer --

MR. FLEISCHER: -- repeat I gave you the third time you asked it, which matched the second, which corresponded to the first.



Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com